Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Cell Phone Messing With Me

I had always heard the warnings and read the instructions for resetting or initializing a TPMS sensor or system. All the warnings about keep other cars with TPMS away, or having electrical devices that could interfere turned off.

A '08 Envoy was in the shop for basic service. The TPMS light was on and going through the menu all four tires happen to be low. All at 27psi. After the LOF I set the air pressures up to 35psi since it was a little cold out so I knew they would creep back down some and turn on the warning light. After rechecking and seeing the light still on I went through the menu and noticed one still at 27psi. Great, what did I do, not count to four when I did the tires? Rechecked the right front and it was at 35psi on my gauge, went around all the rest and they were there too.

Great, this wasn't expected.

About that time I thought to myself "self, put the cell phone on the desk and back the truck out." Well what the heck, I backed the truck out, went through the menu and the tires all listed 35psi.

Backing it our or Cell phone? Weird....but not surprising in this industry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home