Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Wipp's Last Wed

Wipp's Cruise Night was last weeks adventure, as usual. A lower than normal turn out but a few new vehicles from out of town showed up to say "Hello". There was even a Power Wheel that came by to show itself off. I jest, I really do. It was a interesting vehicle to look over and in certain instances I'm sure very economical for the owner.

It is actually a Mega built by Columbia Parcar Corp out of Reedsburg Wisconsin. Just a hour or so North of Mazo. All electric, 30mph EV that the owner bought to save on gas, or so he said to me. Maybe he had a little "tongue in check" when he said it.

Really?

I know the owner and he is a really nice guy. He also has a pretty large collection of very nice cars that many would wish for. Yes, it will diminish your fuel bill driving the Mega but at a price tag of 20K that works out to about 6,666 gallons of fuel you could buy otherwise, if gas stays at $3 a gallon (most he owns run high test) so you have to run that Mega a long time. If you get 10mpg average doesn't that work out to about 66,660 mile of driving to break even on the cost of the Mega, not including insurance and maintenance costs? So just say it like it is, it is a toy to play with and show off. Which is cool as hell in my book. No reason not to have more toys, right?

I was just glad he didn't say he was saving the planet. The Green Zombie movement just makes me nuts some days.

















































0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home