Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Why old things are still better.

This is why old things are better at times. The owner of the '55 Chevy I have pictured in the past stopped in at 4 pm today and handed me his brake switch. The wires had worn off and he asked if I could find one. I called two sources, they told me "no way" so he said he could order one and have it in a few days. I looked at the switch for a minute and told him "give me a few minutes" and off he went to listen to the Brewers game with my Dad.










Yup, those wires are gone.












First to take it apart. As I thought, nothing fancy. Just a pair of wires crimped in.











Some Purple wires just for my bud. Soldered in and goodtogo.











Brakes on, power will flow











Brakes off, power won't flow. Job done and suddenly our fridge has more Beer in it. Could I have done this with a newer car? Not likely, everything it seems it run off the brake switch these days. TCC release for the Trans, Shifter release, cruise shut down. On hybrids there are numerous brake controls. I even think hitting the brakes activates my wife telling me I drive like crap.

Another reason to like old stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home