Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Ten Bucks











Yup, I got myself Ten whole Dollars for 30 seconds of work. Well, actually I got more than that for the work I did later on but that was not the fun part.

A Customer, who will remain nameless (thanks Mr. Harrington) was having issues with his Chevy Truck. It had been running like crap and then finally one cold morning it wouldn't start. He stopped by and asked me what was wrong. Well.....I don't know, I haven't had a chance to see or hear it let alone begin diagnosing it. Tow it in and I will take a look. He asked if there where any tricks he could try to get it running. I gave him a few. In the end though the tricks didn't work so he pulled the truck in.

When he arrived he let us know how unhappy he was with his attempts. Dad, jokingly, told him to leave it in the lot and we would start it and drive it in. Well, that went over well. Our customer (thanks Mr. Harrington) said out loud. "I'll give ten dollars to whoever can start that truck right now!"

Sooooo, I jumped in and spun the engine over, put the throttle down to the point of clear flooding the ECU and it started to fart and pop and then started. Flooded out.

The look on his face was priceless. Not to stop there, I put my hand out and asked for the ten dollars. He grinned and told me I would get my ten dollars and in the end, I did.

1 Comments:

At 12:22 AM, Blogger XedgeX69 said...

money well earned! not sure if you could use them, but the auction place behind where i work is selling 2 post lifts from the Zimbrick saturn dealership in madison. they're tearing the building down In January 2010. if you're interested, just check out the wisconsinsurplus.com site, and look for the Zimbrick auction. right now they're going for pretty cheap.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home