Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Saturday Fun










The day started with a trip to Symdon Motors in Mt. Horeb. Troy and I wanted to take a peek at the new 2010 Chevy Camaro they had on hand. This one is a Black, 3.6L "LT" with a automatic transmission. The car is simply gorgeous in person. GM hit a home run with the Camaro. The exterior is so similar to the first generation Camaro. The interior gauge panel and layout is also a throw back. For me the seats where perfect, roomy but still tight. The V-6 also had the nice feature of true duel exhaust. We couldn't go for a test drive, which wasn't a surprise. If they where giving test drives the car would never be there.












Next up was a cruise with the Cheese Wheel Group out of Beaver Dam. They put on a 65 mile cruise through the hills of Blue Mounds, Mt. Horeb, the town of Mazomanie, Vermont, Black Earth and Cross Plains and then ending in Middleton at Quaker Steak and Lube. Some really awesome and fun cars showed up. In particular three Roush Mustangs, a Honda Civic, Subura Impreza, a Evo and the 67' Corvette convertible that is always at QSL.

The Cheese Wheel guys are a great bunch and do a 450 mile cruise for Charity. We are figuring if we can make that one or not. I'm not sure I'd take the two gas guzzlers that is for sure. Regardless, great time and I thank them for letting us roll with them.































Yes, I look like a Tool, but a very happy and content Tool thank you very much.

5 Comments:

At 10:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! green grass. I see my bumpers showed up...excellent.

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger B.j.Ruland said...

Yup, finally nice out. The bumpers showed late last night. They'll be tucked away in storage ASAP.

 
At 8:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, what kind of clearance do I have from the rear of the scoop to the body, it only looks like a couple at most.

 
At 9:18 AM, Blogger B.j.Ruland said...

Maybe a inch at best. That is with the Scoop all the way forward. It will not sit dead center on the carb.

 
At 7:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, that is how it looks...there is a smaller carb scoop, same style but for a single, you have to special order it for like $600. Just something that I will have to check out when i come home in september. Make the final decision then. I am going to hold off on more parts until I get a good look at the thing. How is the inspection coming along, have you heard back from Jeff yet? and just to make sure, you did return my movies and lock it back up right? If we go along with the cold war it wont be long before we are wearing helmets, pulling wheelies, and gettin single digit gas mileage...I dont know about you but that sounds awesome!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home