Friday, May 29, 2009

Power Tour next week

Unlike last year, this year I will make it to the Power Tour as it has it's beginning in Madison. Last year we watched the cars roll in all day long and then followed them in. Traffic was a mental breakdown as the Interstate was closed due to flooding and everything was being routed down Hwy. 14 to Madison. It was crazy. Overheating issues, then plugging a fuel filter tight as the E85 and the extreme hot weather managed to not play well in traffic. Thankfully I made it home, all though it was a slow ride home.

My plan of attack if I could call it that is as follows.

Thursday Night. Quaker Steak and Lube. Run in around 4:30 or so with the Edsel, yes, the Edsel. I haven't taken it in there yet and I think it would be a good night for it.

Friday. About Noon drive in with the Camaro and spend the day there as it sounds like there will be goings ons all day long at Quaker Steak and Lube and around Madison. Friday night possibly hitch a ride with a friend to East Wash and watch the cruise action. Why not take the Camaro you ask? I plan on having a few drinks during the day. Get done on the Wash and back to the car late, I'll be cleaned out and ready to go home.

Saturday. After Soccer in the morning for William I will head over to Black Earth with the 60' and follow Brett in with his Monte Carlo. Spend the afternoon watching the cars roll in then head home early and possibly up to Mt. Horeb for their summer frolic with Beer Tents, Softball, and kids rides.

Sunday. Recover.

2 Comments:

At 7:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn Bro, sucks that I am going to miss out on it. Sounds like any musclecar enthusiasts dream weekend. Power Tour, QSL, Cruise night, and plenty of booze. I have a tear in my eye right now. Keep an ear open for events around late august, early september for when I am home.

 
At 7:52 AM, Blogger B.j.Ruland said...

I'll raise a toast for the Cobra with the most....Balls

There will be plenty of cruising in the time frame you are home. Cobra is still chained up and getting angry to go out and play.

Had a visitor from Germany come by the shop with Ron Royston. Mechanical Engineer named Klause, he loved your Cobra and took some pictures. Couldn't stop drooling over it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home