Thursday, August 23, 2007

Rain rain go away






















If you haven't all ready heard, the Midwest has been getting pounded with rain since around this time last week. It's finally taken a toll locally with a culvert going out about a 1/2 mile up the road from my house. The culvert has been there forever as far as I know. At least longer then I've been alive. It brings and lets water out of the farm ditches near my house. From the size of the hole it looks like that stretch of road will be closed for a good amount of time. No big deal, to get to Sauk City and Highway 12 I'll just have to backtrack to Racek road and go up Hwy 78. It's sure to confuse the nudists coming from Hwy 12 to the Mazo nude beach though. They'll get to see some more countryside now.

It's not the end of the world as some seem to think. I was jumped by a guy when I went around the road block. I was going around it so I could get to my house. Of course he threw a fit so I gave him a choice. Go bother someone else or bring my house to me. I of course said that in the most polite voice I could come up with :)

Anyhoo, more rain forecast for this evening. Better get dad's boat ready ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home