Monday, April 02, 2007

Flames











Last week we had a gap in the schedule and since we are still waiting parts for the Edsel (torque converter) and the Met (wheel cylinder) I decided to had to the mess up here by respraying the silver flame on my 60' Apache.

Back a few years ago I had it stored in a building with a concrete roof. This was when I lived on the farm and had no garage space. It sat there pretty much unattended threw the winter and the spring thaw. Only problem was the roof dripped right on the front passenger section of the hood and the silver portion of the flame. Something from the concrete must have done a number on the silver. That, or it might be the fact that I choose a silver color from the early 90's. Remember the GM silvers from about the mid 80's threw the mid 90's? Remember how you'd see them flaking off after only a few years in the sun? I guess a combo of the wonderful paint choice on my part and a little extra help from the roof speed the process along.

So this past week I was sanding, priming, sanding and priming some more to get it back up to par. There are a few spots I am repairing at the same time that needed a little TLC. The rest of the truck paint is in pretty good shape still so I'll let it slide for now. Hopefully by the end of this week I'll have some fresh silver on it and running it up the road.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home