Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Flame on











As expected. I pushed Monday to get the silver flame on the 60' because once I committed myself to getting the job done the phone started ringing and the schedule filled up. The silver turned out pretty good. There are a few spots that I am not really pleased with but it's my own fault for not taking more time to get it absolutely perfect. Dad reminded me I can always do it again and with each paint job I'll keep improving. That makes it two I've done. I think I'll bring the bimmer in sometime in the future and spray something over the silver on that. Maybe some old school vintage racing circles for autocross number to go on. Maybe some type of stripping. I don't know. What I do know is that I wish I would have cowboyed up and tried painting earlier in life. It was always something that scared me to try and just plain ruined me when I helped Dad. My chest would be all congested and I would be hacking up dust and paint for days after. Of course with age I've gotten smarter and picked up better ventilation equipment and breathing equipment. So now it's just a little paint high to go along with the watching paint dry drinking a Lite ritual we have after a paint job is completed. That ritual is a tail itself that may be told one day.

I also think I figured out the "start a project when we are slow and then we become busy" situation I always run into. It has to be because this place is a gossip center. Someone stops here and sees me working on a project and then they know I'm slow. Then that someone keeps traveling around town spreading the gossip and Willie's comes up and they talk about how slow we are this day/week. Then the gossip spreads and a few people must figure. "Hey, Willie's is slow, I'll call and get my vehicle in this week." This town is like that. Sneeze at the bar downtown and someone at church will say bless you.

I don't know, maybe it's just blind luck....

I've got another project brewing, no details yet because I have to see if it works out but it'll be another eye roller.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home