Thursday, October 26, 2006

Schumacher to drive Nextel Cup races??

Rumor has it that Michael Schumacher signed a 10 miillllllion dollar deal to run both of Nascar's road course races in 2007. So far it's just a rumor, autoextremists.com had a small snippet about it this week and jayski.com also reported on the rumor. I can't imagine Schumi wanting to run in the Nextel Cup.

When JPM announced he was jumping series Schumacher took some shots at stock car racing saying...

"Personally I wouldn't do it...what do you do in NASCAR? What is exciting there? I can't see that, running around on ovals.

I don't know how heavy the cars are, but they are heavy, very low developed cars compared to Formula 1. I don't see the challenge."

To me, that sounds like he isn't interested. I guess we will all wait and see. It would be nice to watch Schumi lap the field at Infineon and Watkins Glen though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home