Monday, August 21, 2006

Midwestern fun











After a very busy work week it was nice to relax this weekend and spend Saturday night with my people. Rednecks at a tractor pull. I don't mean that in a derogatory way either. Greatest part is you won't see a dress shirt with tie in the crowd. I think it's almost mandatory that the majority of people wear a cut off T-shirt and have a cold Miller Lite in their hand.

We had "reserved seats" waiting for us. It was just my wifes brother keeping all the beer stacked on the row below him so no one took the seats before we got there. It was nice of him to have a cold supply on hand for me.

The kids loved it. My oldest was just having a ball. He is in the picture above watching a 1960 Chevy Apache blast down the track. I had to root for that truck since I own a 60 Apache. Very cool stuff. My youngest was amazed at the noise and smoke. For a 18 month old we where worried he would be scared or wouldn't last long but he hung in their like the true Redneck he will become. My oldest actually tired out first after running all over, climbing on all the tractors on display and eating everything put in front of him.

Good times.

More on the series. Badger State Tractor Pullers

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home