Friday, August 04, 2006

Deer on the track

Shawn stopped down with the hauler this morning to unload/load some things after our weekend at Road America. After he was done we chatted for a bit and he asked if I had heard what happened to Da Matta at Road America. I hadn't so he went on to explain this story, Da Matta injured at RA, that was reported on SpeedTV.com. In a Champ Car coming up on turn six I can only imagine that he never saw it until the last moment. Six is a uphill kind of blind left hand corner so when you crest there with something on the track I can imagine you only have a slip second to react, and the speeds a Champ Car pulls, less than that.

All I can say is "Holy Crap". First, I sure hope he pulls through. Second, it doesn't surprise me after being up there this past weekend. There where multiple times that race control would call out Whitetail on the course. There is even a warning sign at registration explaining that there is a abundance of wild life living on the grounds, be cautious. It is just eiry that we where just up there this past weekend and of all the things you try to prepare for safety wise hitting a deer isn't one of the big priority's.

Get well soon Shorty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home