Friday, October 28, 2005

Cannonball

Remember it? Over the past weekend I picked up Brock Yates book "Cannonball" at Barnes and Noble while ordering some Edsel material.

I've always been a fan of Yates writing. His opinion on the automotive world usually dead-on to my thinking. It's been a long time since the Cannonball in its old form has been run but since then I have been keeping up with the "One Lap of America" which is the more PC version. Where it's all official racetracks where the thrashing occurs and you must drive to each track with the car used.http://www.onelapofamerica.com/

Some car freaks from who knows where have a off-shot gumball rally http://www.gumball3000.com/content/html/

These dudes are way to rich for my redneck ass. Maybe if I would have won the 340 mill PowerBall I could be included but any other chance is a chance in hell. I like the General Lee Ferrari, nice touch.

The book I mentioned at the top you ask? Pretty good, a nice account from the participants on the whole idea of why it needed to be done and the adventures during the contest. Nice to see some aspects of the actual Cannonball where incorporated into the two movies made. Which are two of my favorites. So if your into automotive literature I highly recommend the book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home